invited presentations and workshops
I am available as an outside consultant for digital humanities (DH), either for specific departments or campuses more broadly. My role in developing a digital liberal arts (DLA) program at Macalester College (a SLAC) and my experience learning and teaching DH at an R1 institution make me uniquely suited to adapt to different institutional demands.
I also run workshops on a variety of tools and methods, but the most popular by far is my workshop on the History Harvest. Visit my History Harvest Sandbox to read more about this workshop. I am also available for intensive workshops on network analysis, digital museums, digital storytelling, ESRI Storymaps, and Omeka.
See below for a list of select invited presentations and workshops.
- "A Tale of Two Projects: Success and Failure in Digital Community Engagement" | Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity in Society | Indiana University Bloomington | Bloomington, Indiana | 13 Febraury 2019
- "Empowering Citizen Scholars: Lessons Learned from the History Harvest" | Vietnam War / American War Stories: A Symposium on Conflict and Civic Engagement | Indiana University Bloomington | Bloomington, Indiana | 23-24 July 2018
- "Alumni: Shaping the Future of Digital Humanities" | Nebraska Forum on Digital Humanities | University of Nebraska-Lincoln | Lincoln, Nebraska | 12-13 April 2018
- "Remembering Rondo: A Guide to the History Harvest" | Beloit College | 22 March 2018
- "Homesteading the Plains" | Homestead National Monument of America | National Parks Service | 18 March 2018
- "Harvesting History" | Iowa Digital Bridges | Grinnell College | 2 February 2018
- "Curating Buffalo Bill from Digital Archive to Digital Exhibit" | Buffalo Bill Centennial Symposium | Buffalo Bill Center of the West | 2-5 August 2017
- "Issues in Indigenous Digitization" | Digital Humanities Bootcamp for Beginners | University of Nebraska-Lincoln | 5 April 2017
- "Becoming a Digital Humanist" | Gustavus Adolphus College | St. Peter, Minnesota | 18 January 2017
- "Your Students Will Thank You: Digital Humanities in the Classroom" | Gustavus Adolphus College | St. Peter, Minnesota | 22-24 June 2016
- "Lifting the Hood on Community Engagement" | Center for Research on Race and Ethnicity in Society | Indiana University Bloomington | Bloomington, Indiana | 13 February 2019
- "DLA Bootcamp" | DLA101.org | Great Lakes College Association | DePauw University | Greencastle, Indiana | 22-25 May 2018
- "How to Harvest History" | Iowa Digital Bridges | Grinnell College | 3 February 2018
- "Digital Community Engagement" | with Crystal M. Moten | Getting Started in Digital History Workshops | American Historical Association | 4 January 2018